Well, for the two or three people that may look at this blog, you can probably tell I've been playing "catch-up." This summer has been full of change, and a better person than me might even say excitment..... This summer I've been dreading in a couple of ways. The first reason being, my parents left for Indonesia for an 18 month mission in July. It was painful for me to say good-bye.
The second reason for my discontent is my daughter started kindergarten today. Let's just say I have been dreading it for a long time, and now that my girl, who has been my world for the last 5 years, is gone for a lot of the day....I am sad.
This isn't to say we didn't have a nice summer. We traveled to KY a few times at the beginning to see my parents, and had a nice family reunion in July. And, the rest of the summer we spent at the pool with friends. We also took the kids to a fun water park with the Lawless's. (on the hottest day of the summer b/c we are smart like that). So, I guess I should look on the bright side.
2 comments:
I am so with you on being scared out of your mind with your kid in school. Bentley started a couple weeks ago. It is SO quiet around the house without her. I miss her, but I also love that she is learning new things. It is a huge toss up with her being gone. I just hope the school system is not corrupting her ;)
PS, I didn't know your parents were serving a mission! Cool, but I can see how it would be sad because you wont see them for so long. Also sad for me because it gives you less of a reason to visit KY...I need to get my bum down to see you soon in TN. Miss you and your cute family!
Post a Comment