Monday, August 22, 2011

Bardstown - Shakertown KY


In April, the kids and I went with my mother and the "girls" in her family to Bardstown and Shakertown KY. We had a really nice time. Both towns are beautiful. We went to Bardstown a few years ago, and I was glad to go back because I had fond memories of how charming the place was. It was a little less charming this time around because I was wrangling a couple kids around to the not so kid-friendly sites, but still enjoyable.


I love the Shaker-style houses.

An important part of any vacation in my house: the carriage ride.


My sweet kids.


Hanging with Jenna, their cousin.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Is this the fake Shaker village??? My friends and I stumbled upon a "Shaker village" in Kentucky once and were sad to discover it was a fake replica tourist attraction that cost $$ to enter! We took a picture on the fence and went to a cave instead.

Angie said...

this trip looks so fun!!