Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pocahontas

Today I watched Disney's Pocahontas with Abigail. It was an old VHS that my mom had and gave to Abigail. What a disappointment. It stinks. Even Abigail was confused at the end. She looked at me and said "He's waving bye-bye?" If a two year old thinks the ending sucks to a cartoon movie--it's a bad movie.

On a brighter note, I made a Martha Stewart meal today. Grilled chicken sandwiches, with an heirloom tomato salad, grilled potato slices, and a peach crumble. It was enjoyable. I bought all the herbs I didn't want to waste my money on, and even put basil in the dessert. It was nice. A good alternative to the usual sloppy joes.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Definitely me least favorite of the Disney movies. I think I've only seen it one time, which is very rare for me.

That recipe looks delicious. I might have to give it a try...once I finally get myself to go grocery shopping!

Jeri said...

Dumbest movie ever! Should hit the trash. That is from the era when Disney was being diverse. Mulan = Asian Girls. Jasmine = Arab girls. Pocahontas = Native American girls. They were stretching.

I love that your daughter is savvy enough to understand that the movie was awful. :-0