Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Pregnancy Woes...or Whining....Whichever

On Monday, while I was visiting a friend, I got out of my vehicle and was walking around the front of it when my left foot kind of wobbled. The driveway was going downhill, I could not catch my balance, and I landed on my hands and knees. Of course, the driveway was the sharpest aggregate I have ever seen, and not only did I have a big, fat bloody knee, which is very painful----It ripped my favorite (only) pregnancy jeans! I only have 40 days to go, and I am going to have to buy more clothes. I have two things to say about this. First off, I haven't fallen and skinned a knee in about 20 years, and it is surprisingly painful. Secondly, my husband gave me a teaspoonful of sympathy and brought up when HE hurt his finger last summer and I told him to get over it. ( I guess he had been saving that up for a while).

Today, I had a Dr.'s appointment. After three weeks of trying to eat healthy and limiting my sweet intake, I still gained 6 pounds. So, I am making cookies (snickerdoodles) as I write. And, I might eat them all.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Eating healthy is overrated! Enjoy the cookies.

Angie said...

i bet this hurt...but it would have been funny to see.

Tweeb and Danyette said...

Oh I am sorry that sounds like it hurt! I know how hard you have been trying to eat good...6 pounds is not that bad especially considering you are almost due and that baby is doubling in weight. The cookies sounded yummy though!

Jeri said...

I am all sympathy on the outside, but a wee bit giggly on the inside. I know a skinned knee hurts, did it the last time I broke my leg. OUCH!

BTW, don't buy new jeans, you could just put a super cute patch on your knee, like a peace sign or lacy heart! Uber-sexy in the final days of pregnancy! (For those that don't know me, I am oozing with sarcasm).

Also, after 14 years of marriage, I now have it firmly inplanted in my brain. My husband will always be sicker, tireder, hurt worse, more sympathy-needing than I could ever be. I have finally given up!

Love ya! :-)