Why do I get annoyed when BYU calls me and asks for money? I've been avoiding them for years. They thought I still lived at home in KY, and would send me gobs of mail to my maiden name at my parent's house. And, after all these years my mom finally sold me out. Tonight, I got a call from a very perky girl from BYU who said "your mother gave me your phone number...so you don't live in KY anymore?" After she gasps when I reveal that I hadn't been back to Provo since I graduated, she then she tries to hard sell me to place a donation over the phone!
I am sorry, but the $10 a month she wants out of me is currently going to marshmellows to feed the ravenous baby growing inside of me. Sorry, BYU--love ya, but not that much.
5 comments:
Yeah, how do they find us? They're worse than the Mafia.
Well, I guess the Mafia would kill us when they found us. BYU just asks for money. But still...
i gave 10$ once and now they hound me like crazy...
please tell me you told her that your money was going to marshmallows!
I have never been called! Wow, why don't they like me?! I guess I will count my blessings.
I got the call too and I only went to BYU for ONE SEMESTER!!!! I told the girl I dropped out because I hate Utah Mormons. She didn't think I was funny, but agreed when I asked her kindly to remove my name from the mailing list.
Post a Comment