Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Zoo

On Saturday, Adrian and I took Abigail on a family outing to the zoo. It really was fun. Abigail loves the animals. Especially the "kitties" (i.e. the Bengal tigers, lynx and cougar).

Abigail was so excited to go to the zoo




This is a confused Abigail. "Why won't you let me hug the kitty?" I wish the picture showed the white tiger. It was about five feet away from us behind the fence, laying down, alert, and ready to spring--staring directly at Abigail. It was creepy, and I kept thinking about the tiger that got loose in that CA zoo.

Childishly, one of my favorite parts of the trip was seeing two turtles doing the wild thing. It was one of the most awkward things I've ever seen. Apparently, I looked at them a little too long, and made Adrian uncomfortable because he furiously whispered "QUIT LOOKING AT THE TURTLES!" I was forbidden to take a picture.

4 comments:

Angie said...

i love the zoo! my friends and i totally went last summer for my birthday. turtles doing the wild thing=hilarious and totally picture worthy....dang you adrian.

Kim said...

When Aaron and I went to the zoo a few years ago we saw two rams doing it. You know we were watching! I would agree with Abigail...the tigers are the best.

dirty>south said...

hot turtle on turtle action!? what in the shell is going on?

Unknown said...

Annie - Love your blog! It has been fun reading about your adventures. Abigail is so cute! The poop thing would have mortified me as well!!! I told William and he died laughing!