Friday, November 12, 2010

Potato Gratin - French Fridays

Every Friday I am going to be posting a recipe that I cooked out of Around My French Table. I joined an Internet group called "French Fridays with Dorie." I bought the cookbook because a couple of blogs I read mentioned it, and I am excited to try some new things. This week we had Potato Gratin. (Potatoes Au Gratin for the Betty Crocker fans.)

This potato dish was delicious. There is a subtle garlic flavor because you infuse the cream with the finely chopped garlic, and the cheese is also subtle because just a sprinkling is on the top, so the potato and cream flavors really dominate. It is a simple dish, but decadent because I don't often cook with heavy whipping cream!

I wish I could have taken a better picture, but a friend had borrowed my camera, so I took it with my phone...

And, if you will notice my link to the book title directs you to Barnes and Noble because I am quite annoyed at my beloved Amazon over the whole pedophile book thing.

3 comments:

Flourchild said...

What's this pedophile book thing.?? Please share..I order from A. all the time.


I loved this PG dish too, it's so cheesy and yummy!! Im glad you made this and enjoyed it too!!

Annie said...

Just google "amazon pedophile book."

Steph said...

Lovely potatoes. Welcome to FFwD! It's so much fun to cook with a bunch of folks...virtually!