Thursday, April 16, 2009

What is a Viking Expert?

I had the funniest experience last night that has had me giggling to myself all day. Last night after Adrian finishes watching Ultimate Fighter on Spike, this bizarre show called "Deadliest Fighter" comes on. http://www.spike.com/show/31082 It is so stupid I can barely describe it, but essentially it has these losers on TV debating on whether a samurai would kick a Viking's butt or vice versa. Well, as I am watching this show, I see this blond haired guy on there who looks vaguely familiar, but I am too busy rolling my eyes at the television to pay too much attention. Then, I look up at the right time and read the caption under his face--Matt Nelson, Viking Expert. And then it hits me...I knew this guy when I was a freshman at BYU. I lived in Heritage Hall with his sister, and we went on one embarrassingly horrible date. Ah, the memories....and to think if I would have played my cards right, I could be married to a self proclaimed Viking Expert.

This is an actual picture of him dressed up like a Viking.

8 comments:

Nancy said...

That is hilarious!! What could have been yours if the cards were dealt differently. ;] Too funny!

Kim said...

Wow, you went on a date with a Viking expert! That is special.

dirty>south said...

isn't Flavor Flav a viking expert?

whitney said...

the picture makes the whole story even better...

im telling you he was part of those crazies at byu who thought they were from the medievil times...who foughtwith fake swords right by the wilk...


oh the memories

Angie said...

a viking expert! not that is awesome.

Jeri said...

Oh, Annie!!!! Although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Adrian, having a Viking Expert in the family would have been uber-cool. Although I can't stop giggling that anyone would actually call themselves a Viking Expert, LOVE IT!

Lis said...

ok, random, should I know him too?? doesn't sound/look familiar. Little crazy though. How you doin'? I love all the humor you find in life!

Lis said...

ok, yea, remember her, not him though. And the name...why can't I remember either? I want to say megan all of a sudden, but I am sure that isn't it. Hmmmm.