Thursday, May 22, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Our four weeks of swimming lessons are finally over. Abigail had so much fun with her friends Holland and Lucas (red-head in the background). But, did Annie have fun?

Isn't this an funny picture? I didn't realize that Whitney was taking one, I guess. I look miserable, Holland is crying like I'm getting ready to drown her, and Abigail is just hanging out.

I don't know if these lessons were the best idea. Prior to these lessons, Abigail had no real fear of the water, but now she is FEARLESS. She tromps around the pool, sticks her face in, jumps off the side, and goes down the Shamu slide like she is a water lizard. And yet, these lessons didn't teach her how to swim......thank you YMCA.

5 comments:

Jeri said...

Love the pic of you, Annie. Your face shows the feelings of all moms at "Mommy & Me" swimming lessons. Totally YUCK! All it does is make your job harder at the pool.

As always, Abigail is beautiful!!!

angie said...

that picture makes me laugh! someday the swim lessons will be mommy free, don't worry. angie

Angie said...

that face is priceless...such an annie "i'm not happy face". love it.

Lis said...

Annie, you always could make me laugh. I am now rethinking the whole idea of a mommy and me swim class w/ Enzo. Thanks for the heads up. I never did one w/ Arianna, phew!

Kim said...

Love the face!! I signed us up for swim lessons and now I'm nervous. We'll see how it goes.