
Well, I went into labor on Friday. It was perhaps the strangest day of my life. I didn't know what was going on. I never even had a contraction with Abigail, had to be induced, which ended in a C-section...so spontaneous labor was a new experience for me to say the least. So, when I started to have these strange pains on Friday, I couldn't figure out why the pain would not go away and why it was getting stronger, and it took me a couple of hours to realize the cycle the pain was going through, and by the time I realized I could time them, they were three minutes apart. So, Adrian rushed home from work, my friend Danyette takes Abigail to her house, and we go to the hospital. At first the Dr. wanted to stop my contractions, but they wouldn't stop, so we had a C-section at 5:15 on Friday evening. A handsome baby boy, Adam John Ward, 5 pounds 8 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

After he came out, I only got to see him for a couple of seconds, and then they rushed him away b/c there had been meconium that he had ingested, so

I didn't get to see him for 8 hours. Very sad for me. But, they got him all cleaned out, oxygenated him, and he has been fine ever since. We got home yesterday, and are doing great. Abigail has been an angel with him, no complaints there (yet). I'll post more later.
8 comments:
congratulations! what a cute family you got going on. funny that you didn't know what was going on.
Awww baby! Congrats!
I keep seeing commercials for TLC's "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant." Is it that easy to confuse labor with gas?
Oh... he is so beautiful! Congratulations! Glad everything worked out! He is so tiny! Which just means more time to enjoy him being little! Love that!
I was thinking it was getting to be about time for that baby to come! He's adorable! Congratulations. I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy.
Congratulations Annie! He is adorable, so tiny! Enjoy your new baby!
Annie, he is so precious! Hope your feeling well and recovering quickly. Miss you...let me know if you are ever up in Lexington. I would love to meet your sweet little ones :)
Wow! When were you scheduled to go in? Congrats! Boys are sweet!
oh my goodness, how awesome! Congrats!!! So nice to get one of each right up front, huh?! Adorable.
Post a Comment